Sunday 15 January 2017

"Good Will Come"

I've got a new original composition to share along with a few thoughts.

I've always been fascinated with small motifs (sometimes just a single note) running through an entire piece of music. I like having a constant for everything else to revolve around. I find it fascinating how a simple unchanging motif can take on so many different qualities depending on what is happening around it tonally.

On a poetic level, it speaks to me of time. Time is constant. It just keeps going. It doesn't get faster and it doesn't slow down. It is completely unaffected by the life that exists on top of it. Time and be cruel and it can be beautiful depending on the experience, the context or the perspective of the one observing it.

I took the picture of the tree you see here. No trick, no effects - this is actually what it looked like walking past. I love how drastically different the tree looks depending on your angle or perspective. There's scarcity and there's abundance entwined together in the same tree.

Paul said, in Philippians 4:12-13, "I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want. I can do all this through him who gives me strength."

Because God travels through time with us, for better or for worse, there will be good.



No comments:

Post a Comment