Thursday 17 August 2017

Silence - 2017


Silence - IMDbIt took me a little while to get around to watching this masterpiece. It's one that you do need to be in the right mood for. It's slow, it's long, it's challenging... but man is it rewarding! It looks beautiful too - drawing you in with luscious scenery and a striking sense of time and place. "Silence" is unashamed to ask the hard questions and relentlessly pursue some resembles of an answer.

Maybe not everyone will be as deeply affected as I was simply due to lack of interest in the questions at the heart of the film. For me, I was fascinated by the concept of idolatrous martyrdom. Is martyrdom really the pinnacle of faith? Is it really worth any and every cost? Or does God's grace afford us a more holistic loyalty to His name?

It's a heart-breaking honest exploration into a very important and personal spiritual topic. Watch it and let me know what it says to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment